Tuesday, 1 January 2013

New year, fresh start

So it's the start of a new year and all over the country people have made new year resolutions. This is a tradition I've always dismissed as pointless - if you want to change something in your life just do it, why wait until you flip over the front cover of your new celebrity calendar? Particularly when most resolutions get broken before the end of January.
This year though I've had some things that have made me sit down and reassess aspects of my life. The realisation that things have not been as they should and in many cases these things have been ongoing for quite some time. I've hurt people I care for when they don't deserve it, I haven't made the effort to maintain sufficient contact with family members and friends, and I've shut myself off from the world to a point that's made me bitter and twisted.

I'm determined that this year is going to be different:

I WILL make an effort to stay in touch with my brothers and sisters.
I WILL spend time with friends outside of work.
I WILL make myself feel better through more exercise.

I WON'T make those I love unhappy.
I WON'T sit around getting depressed at not having enough to do.
I WON'T cane the arse off my motorbike (unless there's an Audi driving wanker involved)